Software bug prevent MacBook and iMac users from accessing HP scanner
Apple MacBook Scanner has been confirm as a bug!
When attempting to scan, you might get this message “you do not have permission to open the application”. This error sometime appears when trying to use a connected scanner within Image Capture, or the Printers & Scanner preferences. Apple has acknowledge the issue and is promising a solution for this annoying bug spotted in macOS Big Sur.
According to the tech giant, this issue is already being worked on, but that it will take some time before realizing the software update worldwide.
Furthermore, Apple’s support page recommend that if you encounter this error message, you should contact your MacBook or iMac administrator for further assistance.
However, since this bug is affecting a considerable number of users, and that there is no exact release date in sight, Apple provides a quick DIY guide on how to fix it.
Keep in mind that this is not a permanent solution, since this issue is actually an operation system malfunction.
- Quit any apps that are open.
- From the menu bar in the Finder, choose Go > Go to Folder.
- Type /Library/Image Capture/Devices, then press Return.
- In the window that opens, double-click the app named in the error message. It's the name of your scanner driver. Nothing should happen when you open it.
- Close the window and open the app you were using to scan. A new scan should proceed normally. If you later choose to scan from a different app and get the same error, repeat these steps.
Where do you go to report a Bug?
If you ever discover a bug on your MacBook or iMac or other Apple device, what do you do? Apple has a Bug Reporting Page on its website, to inform the manufacturer about the issue you are experiencing. Once you are on that page, go to the Feedback Assistant on the toolbar. Once you click on it, you will be prompted to enter your Apple ID and will be given all the instruction your need to file a report
Are you ready to get your computer fixed?
Call or text 804-347-6647 to schedule your repair TODAY!